How to Nominate
The 2015 cycle opens January 5, 2015, with the deadline as shown below.
Nomination deadline: April 15, 2015(This is our ongoing, annual nomination deadline.)
The Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes celebrates inspiring, public-spirited, highly diverse young people from all across America. Each year, the Barron Prize honors twenty-five outstanding young leaders ages 8 to 18 who have made a significant positive difference to people and our environment. The top ten winners each receive a $5,000 cash award to support their service work or higher education. The primary goal of the Prize is to shine the spotlight on these amazing young people so that their stories will inspire others.
Winners of the Barron Prize receive:
- $5,000 to be applied to their higher education or to their service project
- a recognition plaque
- a certificate of recognition
- a signed copy of The Hero's Trail, by Barron Prize founder T.A. Barron
- a copy of Dream Big, our documentary film featuring several Barron Prize winners
- a heroes study guide, curriculum, and bibliography
- the opportunity to be paired with an adult mentor who is passionate about and working in the winner's area of interest
- the opportunity to connect with other Barron Prize winners through the Young Heroes Listserv
- numerous media opportunities – print, television, and radio
By submitting an entry in the Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes, each entrant acknowledges reading and understanding all the selection criteria and nomination requirements published on the Prize’s website and agrees to observe them. Further, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that as a condition of receiving the Prize, the selected individual will cooperate in publicizing the Barron Prize and will grant rights in the entrant’s nomination materials to the Barron Prize.