BLOGThe latest Barron Prize News
A New Year, A New Barron Prize Cycle!
Public-spirited young people ages 8 to 18 across North America are invited to apply by submitting the following:
• our online application, which asks for contact and school information
• a short summary of their service initiative
• a longer essay that addresses questions about their service work
• three letters of recommendation (which references submit directly and confidentially through our online application system)
• a photo of the applicant
• optional: supplemental materials (e.g., links to videos and media articles)
Come April 15, we’ll begin reviewing applications, a process that spans months and calls on the heads and hearts of our judging committee. It’s truly inspiring to review hundreds of applications from courageous and compassionate young people. And honestly, it’s a daunting task to choose just 25 young heroes from them. Still, after a great deal of deliberation and debate, we always arrive at a group of winners and honorees who embody so much goodness. It’s an honor to shine the spotlight on them so that their work and heroic ideals can inspire us all.
Welcome, 2023, and all who are interested in applying for this year’s Barron Prize!
The Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes, a program of the nonprofit organization Young Heroes Project, celebrates inspiring, public-spirited young people from diverse backgrounds all across North America. Each year, the Barron Prize honors 25 outstanding young leaders ages 8 to 18 who have made a significant positive difference to people and the environment.